Big Kahuna Sport Company, a division of the Kahunaverse Sports Group, is an established, dynamic and growing company supplying equipment, uniforms, footwear, and clothing for all sports to our customer base across Canada. We are currently looking to hire a Picker/Packer/Shipper to join our distribution/operations department at our head office in Surrey, BC.
This position is suited for someone who is energetic, friendly, well organized, and able to meet deadlines while focusing on the task at hand. The right candidate will be responsible for performing duties related to a full range of warehouse functions including but not limited to: the pick; pack and ship process; receiving; confirming/verifying, and stocking product; retrieving data from a computerized inventory system, including inventory control, product rotation, along with general warehouse duties.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be fluent in English; able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on a concrete floor for a good portion of the day
- Can push, pull, reach, bend and twist throughout the work day
- Have a great attitude, be positive and a good communicator
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to multi-task
- Have a valid BC Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract (area is not transit friendly)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel; basic knowledge of SAP Business One software considered an asset.
- Experience with using an elevated platform (Skyjack) in a safe manner
- Knowledge of the Fedex shipping software considered an asset
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and a safe work environment
- Previous warehouse experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of safety procedures in a warehouse environment considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to those who share a passion for sports and athletics.
Job Type: Permanent / Full-time Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Includes extended health, basic dental, AD&D, life insurance and LTD.
Salary: Competitive based on experience and skill set the individual brings to the position.
Regular computer and paperwork is required in this position, although this is not a desk job. In addition, you must have the ability to stand, push, pull, reach, bend and twist throughout your work day. Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter along with salary expectations and accompanying resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments must be in Microsoft Word format and please quote “Picker/Packer/Shipper” in the subject line. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. ~ No phone calls or agencies please ~